Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In

Academic Achievement Center


FAQ Advisor Questions

​​​General Advising Questions

Who is my Advisor?

First Semester Freshmen:
All first semester freshmen are advised by the AAC during their first semester only and then move on to departmental advising in their second semester.

Education Teacher Licensure Majors: 
All Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Elementary Education Dual, and Special Education teacher licensure majors are advised by the AAC during their first two semesters. 

**Early Education and Care, Birth-K and Communication Sciences and Disorders programs are non-licensure programs and move onto departmental advising after their first semester.

Undeclared Students:
Undeclared students stay with the AAC until they declare a major.  All students must declare a major by the time they earn 60 credits (by the end of sophomore year).  Please access your advisor and the Career Services office early and often to get on track in a major!  You can also always make an appointment with a Peer Advisor to explore your options!

Transfer Students:
Transfer students with a declared major will be assigned to a Faculty Advisor in their department.  Questions while you are waiting to be assigned to an Advisor, you can reach out to your Department Chair.  Transfer students who come in without a major will be advised in the AAC until a major is declared.

How do I make an appointment with my Advisor?

  • Email your advisor: If you don't know who your advisor is, you can find their name at the top of your DegreeWorks audit (here).
  • Schedule an appointment through Accudemia:​
    • How to make an Advising Appointment (PDF | Video)
    • In the comments box, list your phone number or let your advisor know you'd like to talk via Microsoft Teams.
    • Accudemia is only used by AAC advisors. If you have an adivsor in your major department, find their contact information in DegreeWorks.
  • If you are having any issues reaching your AAC advisor, please email and an advisor will get back to you.​​​

What majors does BSU offer?
Schedule an appointment with a Peer Advisor to explore your options!  We’ll help you find information on the Bridgewater website and other resources that can aid you in choosing a major. Email​ to set up a meeting.

How do I declare or change my major/minor?
All students officially advised by the AAC can stop by the front desk to fill out the Program of Study form.  Students advised in the academic departments should print off the Program of Study Declaration form (find it here: and get it signed by the new academic department; it then goes to the Registrar’s Office.

When do I have to declare my major?
All students must declare a major by the time they reach 60 credits (the end of sophomore Year), but do not wait to start exploring.  If you need help exploring options, make an appointment with a Peer Advisor and see the Career Services office (!

How long will it take me to graduate?

Every major is different and every student’s path through college is different, so set up a time to meet with your Advisor.  As always, do some research and come prepared with your questions or concerns.