IT Project Management Office
The Information Technology Project Management Office (IT PMO) is a service function created for the specific purpose of supporting the successful and effective delivery of Information Technology projects. The mission of the PMO is two-fold:
- Guide IT projects from implementation to a successful conclusion.
- Create a foundation for consistent project management practices.
In support of that mission, the PMO has 5 primary objectives:
1. Deliver successful technology projects
2. Build Project Management maturity across the IT organization
3. Serve as the organization's authority on IT Project Management methods and practices
4. Mentor and guide project teams as they learn and adopt project management best practices
5. Fully implement the project portfolio management system that will support strategic planning, project integration, effective resource allocation, and executive reporting
PMO Charter (pdf)
The Bridgewater State University IT Project Management Office has developed a Project Management Methodology that details how Information Technology will manage projects from project request through the initializing, planning, executing, and closing processes.
Project Management Methodology (pdf)
The Project Management Workflow is a high level presentation of the Project Management Methodology focusing on the processes, responsible parties, and deliverables of each project phase.
Project Management Workflow (pdf)
The Project Management Methodology Executive Summary is a condensed summary of the Project Management Methodology intended for consumption by senior level leaders.
Project Management Methodology - Executive Summary (pdf)
The Project Request and Approval Process describes the process for submitting, scoring, reviewing, obtaining budget and approval for new IT work requests.