Fall 2019 Individual Early Arrival Request Information
Hello, this information is intended for individuals who are interested in returning to the halls early. If you are moving in early as part of a group, team, or department employee, please work with them and DO NOT fill out this form. If you are unsure, contact the Office of Residence Life and Housing with any questions at 508.531.1277 PRIOR to filling out this application.
When is Fall Early Arrival?
- For Upper-class Returning Students: Housing is available beginning Monday, August 26, 2019
- For New Students (first year and transfers): Housing is available beginning Thursday, August 29, 2019
Where will I be housed?
- You will move into your permanent space on campus. There are no meal plans active during this time, some dining facilities will be open for cash operations but times vary and hours will be posted by Sodexo. Students will have access to use the public kitchens in each residence hall but cooking apparatus may be limited.
How much does Fall Early Arrival Housing Cost?
Who is Eligible?
- $35- per night per student, which will be billed directly to your student account after move-in. This fee applies to both students who physically move-in early and those who just move their belongings in early.
- Monday, August 26 ($245) - Returning Students Only
- Tuesday, August 27 ($210) - Returning Students Only
- Wednesday, August 28 ($175) - Returning Students Only
- Thursday, August 29 ($140) - ALL Students
- Friday, August 30 ($105) - ALL Students
- Saturday, August 31 ($70) - ALL Students
- Sunday, September 1 ($35) - Returning Students Only
- Please note: If you are here with a team or special pre college program, you will need to check with them if the cost of early arrival housing is covered. If you are part of a team or group arriving early, do not use this form. Your coach or staff member would need to contact RLH about early arrivals.
- Any BSU student living on campus in the fall with a room assignment and a class schedule. If you do not have a class schedule, you will not be able to move-in at all until you have one.
What time can I move in?
The time varies depending on which night you are moving in based on staffing availability. You will go directly to your building. Please plan accordingly.
- Monday, August 26 between 7pm and 9pm
- Tuesday, August 27 between 7pm and 9pm
- Wednesday, August 28 between 7pm and 9pm
- Thursday, August 29 between 7pm and 9pm
- Friday, August 30 between 7pm and 9pm
- Saturday, August 31 between 1pm and 4pm OR between 7pm and 9pm
- Sunday, September 1 between 10am and 4pm OR between 7pm and 9pm
What else do I need to know about Fall Early Arrival Housing?
- Code of Conduct violations or violations of the Residence Hall License Agreement will result in immediate removal from early arrival housing and could effect long term housing.
- Students will move directly into their fall room assignment. Students will check in at their hall between 7PM-9PM with the RAs.
- Moving bins may not be available prior to the official opening days, please plan accordingly.
- Please keep in mind that since you are arriving early some things may not be ready for you just yet. However, we are working to make your arrival a positive experience. While we try to accommodate your needs, we ask that you keep these terms in mind. All ResNet services may not be available.
How can I apply for Fall Early Arrival Housing?
**Please contact The Office of Residence Life and Housing at 508.531.1277 with any questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org