May 2019 Closing Information
All residence halls and apartments will close on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at noon (12:00PM).
Things to know about closing:
- Students are required to move out of their residence hall or apartment on the day of their last final exam or be out by noon on May 15th, whichever comes first.
- All students need to check out with an RLH staff member through either a regular or express check out form (available at the building office).
- Building offices will be staffed extended hours beginning on Reading Day.
- Bins are available for use starting April 26th.
- Anything not completed on the checklist provided on your door may result in billing.
- All personal belongings including carpets, furniture, refrigerators, clothing etc. must be removed from your room. Dumpsters will be placed outside of your residence hall for your convenience as the majority of your items should be thrown out here and not in the trash chute.
- You must thoroughly clean your room/suite/apartment. Furniture should be dusted, floors should be swept and mopped, and walls should be washed if they are stained or dirty. All trash and food should be removed and refrigerators in Crimson Hall, Weygand Hall and the Student Apartments must be emptied and cleaned.
- Be sure to reassemble beds that have been taken apart (this does not include re-bunking beds). Remember to check drawers, closets, and behind furniture. We are not responsible for items left behind.
- Plan to check-out during scheduled check-out hours for your building. These are posted at the RA Office. If you are unable to check-out during these times, schedule a time with a Residence Life and Housing staff person. A check out takes about 10 minutes unless there is a long line ahead of you.
a. **Quick Tip: make sure your room is empty BEFORE you go get a staff member to check out and don’t wait until the last minute.
ONE MORE THING…failure to do any of the above listed items may result in a damage billing to you so make sure you are planning ahead, packing ahead, schedule a ride and coordinate cleaning with your roommates and suite mates!!
If you have any questions regarding move out or the closing of the residence halls, please feel free to