2018 December/Winter Closing Information
The close of the Fall semester is fast approaching. As you prepare for finals, please keep the following in mind:
24 hour Quiet Hours will begin at 9:00PM on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 and will continue to be in effect twenty-four (24) hours a day throughout finals week, ending on December 20, 2018 5:00PM when the residence halls close. Quiet hours will be strictly enforced. Please be sensitive to the needs of other residents. Disruptive behavior may result in immediate suspension from the residence halls. (i.e. interim suspension).
The residence halls will close on Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 5:00PM. This closing time will be strictly enforced; please make appropriate travel arrangements. You are required to leave your residence hall or apartment on the day of your last final examination. If you ARE returning to the residence halls for the Spring semester; you DO NOT have to take all of your personal belongings home with you.
When you leave your residence hall for vacation, please:
- Unplug all appliances and electronics. This includes refrigerators (GH Student Apartment residents and Weygand Hall residents are allowed to leave the kitchen refrigerator plugged in, but it must be emptied. All small refrigerators must be unplugged, defrosted, and emptied (we recommend placing a towel down to catch the water)).
- Do not leave any fish in aquariums.
- Empty all trash and make sure that you leave your room/suite/apartment clean.
- Close and lock all windows. Pull shades down halfway. Make sure your door is closed and locked.
- Turn thermostat down to 55 degrees or the lowest setting
- Remove all personal belongings from shower and bathroom areas (suites and apartments)
- Take home any valuables. We cannot take responsibility for anything left in the building during the break. Students do not have access to the residence halls during semester break.
- Students with cars must remove them from campus during the break.
- Complete and sign the checklist for your room/apartment/suite and tape it to the doorframe. (These checklists will be supplied by RLH)
*Students living in GH Student Apartments who have completed the Nine Month Housing Agreement may stay on campus during the break.
For students who do NOT plan to return to the residence halls for the spring semester:
You must make prior arrangements with a Residence Life and Housing staff member to check-out of your room. If you have not made arrangements for a check-out you may fill out an Express Check-out Form and leave it with a Residence Life and Housing staff member. Hard copies of Express Check-out Forms are available in RA offices or HERE. If you do not check out properly you will be assessed a $35 charge for improper check-out.
The residence halls will re-open on Monday, January 21, 2019 at 9:00AM. The first meal will be the lunch meal. If you need to move in earlier, please refer to our break housing page
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR FINALS & HAVE A SAFE & ENJOYABLE WINTER BREAK!