Study Abroad Ambassador Program
APPLICATION CLOSED for Fall 2017. Applications will reopen on December 11 for the next cycle.
2017-2018 Application Deadline
Please submit your application by the following deadlines:
- September 6 – Ambassadors who submit by this deadline will be expected to commit for the full Academic Year.
- January 15 – Ambassadors who submit by this deadline will be expected to commit for the spring semester, with the potential to renew.
- Must be a BSU Study Abroad program alum (any short term, semester, academic year or summer program)
- Minimum 2.5 GPA upon application that must be maintained throughout participation in program
- Must be in good judicial standing with the Office of Student Conduct
Additional Requirements for Ambassador Leader
- Program commitment is for the academic year starting in September (for spring applicants the commitment is February – September with renewal potential). We expect an Ambassador to commit approximately 10-15 hours each semester, though we will be flexible.
- Attend a mandatory training session
- Serve as a mentor and resource for:
- BSU students interested in studying abroad
- BSU students who have been admitted in to a study abroad program
- International students currently on campus
- Create and market one event in collaboration with the Study Abroad Office, such as:
- Presentation to residence hall, student group, or other organizations
- Attend and present at a minimum of three events per semester, such as:
- Admissions/Orientation events
- Pre-departure Orientation
- Follow BSU Study Abroad social media profiles; develop and engage with content
- Provide photos and ambassador profiles to be used to promote study abroad to the BSU community
- Attend and present at a minimum of five events per semester
- Assist in advising during Study Abroad Office open office hours
- Help coordinate other Ambassador schedules and events
- Develop and implement one new project, such as:
- Video or Prezi to be shared on Study Abroad Office website
- Outreach pieces for specific student groups
- Build leadership and mentoring skills
- Add to your resume
- Strengthen your international leadership and communication skills
- Network with new students, BSU faculty, and staff
- Share your excitement and experiences!
- Gain on-campus volunteer experience
- Receive a Study Abroad Office issued participation certificate