Study Abroad Student Ambassadors
- Must be a BSU Office of Study Abroad (OSA) program alum (any short term, semester, academic year or summer program)
- Minimum 2.5 GPA upon application that must be maintained throughout participation in program
- Must be in good judicial standing with the Student Conduct Office
- Program commitment is for the academic year starting in September (for spring applicants the commitment is February - September with renewal potential). We expect an Ambassador to commit approximately 10-15 hours each semester, though we will be flexible.
- Attend a mandatory training session
- Serve as a mentor and resource for:
- BSU students interested in studying abroad
- BSU students who have been admitted in to a study abroad program
- International students currently on campus
- Attend and present at a minimum of 3 e3vents per semester, such as:
- Study Abroad Fairs
- Information tables
- Study Abroad 101's
- Admissions/Orientation events
- Pre-departure Orientations
- Follow OSA and Ambassador social media profiles and engage with content, ie: liking and sharing posts, commenting, and submitting content for publication.
- Agree to provide photos and/or ambassador profile to assist in OSA programming publicity.
Requirements for Ambassador Leaders
- Attend/present at a total of 5 events per semester
- Assist in advising during OSA open office hours
- Interview with OSA marketing staff assistant
- Develop and implement one new event or visual project, such as:
- Ambassador event during International Education Week
- Video/Prezi/etc. to be shared on OSA website and social networks
- Organize presentation to residence hall, student group, or other organization with with the Ambassador is involved
- Build leadership and mentoring skills
- Build your resume
- Strengthen your international leadership and communication
- Network with new students and staff
- Share your excitement and experiences!
- Obtain OSA issued participation certificate
- Gain on-campus volunteer experience
The Office of Study Abroad does accept application on a rolling basis. However, in order to maximize this opportunity and best serve both the applicant and the BSU community we have the following preferred application submission dates.
- September 1 – preferred application submission date for students who have spent the summer, previous spring or academic year abroad.
- January 20 - preferred application submission date for students who have spent the previous fall or winter abroad.
Click here to access the Study Abroad Ambassador Application
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received.
If you have any questions feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 508-531-6183