PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE THOROUGHLY FOR APPLICATION INFORMATION.
There are study abroad programs open to all students, Freshmen though Seniors with a minimum GPA 2.5 for travel courses and 2.75 for semester programs. Applicants must be in good academic standing with no outstanding probation.
Check particular program brochures for specific requirements and prerequisites. For Seniors: you can only transfer a maximum of 15 of your last 30 credits before graduation (BSU Graduation Requirements). For Transfer Students: BSU allows a maximum of 90 credits transferred in from other institutions. Check your degree audit to verify you are still able to transfer in additional credits through a study abroad program.
Application Process -ONLINE FORM & SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
ALL MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE DEADLINE IN ORDER FOR THE OFFICE OF STUDY ABROAD TO REVIEW YOUR APPLICATION!!!
- Complete the Online Application Form.
- Send a photocopy of your passport at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don't have a passport, make sure to apply for one before the application deadline and notify the Study Abroad Office that it is in progress.
- Two recommendation forms must be submitted on your behalf (at least one to be completed by a BSU faculty member; the second must be from an academic or professional source- a 2nd professor, advisor, mentor, employer). It is your responsibility to provide them with this PDF recommendation form. or with the WORD recommendation form version. Recommendations MUST be submitted via email to email@example.com. Please have the PDF saved in the following format: "Last Name, First Name recommendation"
- Submit a copy of your BSU DegreeWorks degree audit. These MUST be submitted as a PDF via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please save the PDF in the following format: "Last Name, First Name degree audit"
- Pay the non-refundable $25 Application Fee payable online; payments must be made online through our secure Study Abroad Store
Once accepted by the Office of Study Abroad, any required additional post-acceptance applications and materials will be sent to students via email.
Summer 2017 Travel Courses/ Fall 2017 Semester Abroad / Academic Year 2017-18: Application Deadline is Friday February 24, 2017.
- Stop by one of our many events throughout the semester to learn more about Study Abroad
- Visit us during our walk in hours or make an appointment to meet with at Study Abroad Advisor
- Visit the Financial Aid Office to discuss how to finance your program cost
- Be sure to submit all materials: ALL MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ORDER FOR THE OFFICE OF STUDY ABROAD TO REVIEW YOUR APPLICATION!!!