In order to apply for a program you must create an online account, apply online, and submit the accompanying documents. Once you have been approved by the BSU Study Abroad Office, you may complete any next steps in the application process, like applying directly to an affiliate program, completing your post-acceptance documents, etc. Don’t worry, we will send you instructions as you go along.
All applicants will need to submit:
**If you do not have access to a scanner, please feel free to come by the office to have your documents scanned.
- An online application
- A copy of your passport (uploaded to the online application system)
- Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months past the end of your program date
- If you don’t have a passport, make sure to apply for one before the application deadline, and notify the Study Abroad Office that it is in progress
- We have found that a photo of your passport taken from your phone is a great way to capture the information that we need
- Two recommendation forms (sent through the online application system)
- At least one recommendation should be completed by a BSU faculty member with a @bridgew.edu email address and the second can be from an academic or professional source (another professor, advisor, mentor, employer, etc)
- It is your responsibility to make sure that they send in their recommendation in a timely manner
- A copy of your BSU DegreeWorks degree audit (uploaded to the online application system)
- A $25 non-refundable application fee, paid online through the Study Abroad Store
- Go to the BSU Study Abroad Office Database
- Create your BSU Study Abroad Account
- Search for your program
- Click on the “Apply” link next to the program name
- Complete the application entirely by filling out each of the online forms
(NOTE: All students MUST complete the BSU application first!)
- You can check your application progress by logging in to see which forms have been submitted
- Once all forms are submitted, you will receive an email indicating that your application status has changed to "Review"
- Once you are “Approved” by the BSU Study Abroad Office, we will send you a Next Steps Email that indicates the additional forms you must submit and any other application steps you must take in order to make sure your application is complete. If you fail to complete these next steps, you may not be able to participate in your study abroad program.
Winter Break 2017-18: Friday, September 29
Spring Semester 2018: Friday, September 29
Spring Break 2018: Friday, December 1