New to BSU - Staff
Follow these step-by-step instructions for getting setup with IT at BSU.
1. Obtain your Banner ID# from Human Resources
A Banner ID is a unique number assigned to each employee and/or student. The Banner ID replaces the social security number as a unique identifier. Banner is a higher education software system. Banner is part of all university functions including, human resources, admissions and finance. Banner ID's are assigned during Employee orientation.
2. Set up your BSU User Account
- Your BSU User Account provides you with access to campus computers, BSU e-mail account, wireless network, and the employee Intranet.
- Print and fill out the Information Technology Account Request Form.
- Have the form signed by your Department Head.
- An email will be sent to your department head and department admin with new BSU User Account login credentials.
- First time log on to account: Employee – https://my.bridgew.edu (if off campus use bsc\ in front of your username when asked for credentials) then use Quicklinks on left panel.
3. Visit the Parking and Connect Card Office to pick up your Connect Card and obtain a BSU Parking Permit
The Connect Card is the official Bridgewater State University identification card. The Connect Card is a multi-purpose card that can be used for library privileges, building access, as a meal ticket, and as a debit card. As a debit card, funds may be used at all dining areas, vending machines, laundry machines, public copiers, The Bookstore, Dunkin Donuts (on campus), Starbucks (on campus), purchasing stamps at BSU mailroom, purchase gym membership and off-campus with participating merchants.
Hunt Hall, Room 001
26 School Street, Bridgewater
4. Register to receive BSU Emergency Communications
In an emergency, Bridgewater State University sends emergency alerts to anyone with a BSU e-mail account electronically. In addition, BSU has a system to rapidly communicate with students, faculty, and staff by sending a voice message and instant text message. While the system is active, it is only as good as the information it contains. This is where we need your help!
In order to receive emergency text messages and voice mail alerts, you must provide cellular phone information. Please login to INFOBEAR
and update your contact information. We will only contact you through the system in the event of an emergency. Questions – check out our Emergency Communications page
for more information.
5. Access your Email and Calendar
Your email and calendar may be accessed via Microsoft Outlook on your computer or via the Quicklink on the BSU intranet home page at https://my.bridgew.edu
6. Set up Voicemail
If you do not have a phone, please contact IT Support via email at email@example.com or (508) 531-2555.
7. Connect to BSU's Wireless Network
BSU provides a comprehensive secure wireless network
(BSU_Wireless). The network is available throughout the campus, open areas and to many areas in Bridgewater town center. Please refer to the Wireless Network Instructions for your mobile device.
BSU also offers wireless access via Eduroam
, which is a secure global access for research and education member institutions. Please refer to the Eduroam page
for more information regarding this service and how to gain access.
8. IT is here to assist you
- Questions/Support - For IT assistance, please contact IT Support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or (508) 531-2555.