Desktop Faxing : Fax Server
Faculty and Staff now have the ability to send and receive faxes from their on-campus computer using Outlook.
The steps involved in sending a fax from the desktop are similar to composing an email message.
To send a message from Outlook:
- Open a new E-Mail message
- In the "To" field, address the fax as in the example below
- In the subject line enter a one line description
- In the message box, enter the text for your fax
- You can also attach a Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint document as you would in an email message
The telephone number you use should be the fax number you are trying to send to.
Reminder: We do encourage you to use email as your first choice when communicating. For hardcopy documents that are not on your hard drive, you will still need to use a standalone fax machine. A list of fax machines can be found in the campus directory.