Wireless Network - Frequently Asked Questions
How do I configure my laptop to access the wireless network?
Please visit the Wireless Setup page for instructions on how to connect to the University wireless network.
- Is the BSU wireless network secure?
- Yes the BSU wireless network (BSU_Wireless) is secured using WPA2 Enterprise for encryption and authentication. Please note that the BSU_Guest wireless network, which is for visitors only is not encrypted.
- Does BSU provide wireless guest access?
- Yes! BSU provides free wireless guest access to our visitors. Connect to BSU_Wireless and accept the terms and conditions to get connected. Please visit the wireless guest access page for more information.
- Who should I contact if I have trouble connecting to the wireless network?
- Call the IT Helpdesk at extension 2555 (508-531-2555 from off-campus) for assistance.
- I forgot my BSU username and password, what do I do?
- First visit the BSU Self-Service Password Reset page to try and reset your password yourself. If you still have trouble, visit one of the Laptop Support counters located in the ground floors of Moakley or Maxwell Library.
- What is the 'eduroam' wireless network?
- BSU participates in eduroam which is a global internet service designed to get you connected when visiting other participating eduroam institutions. If you visit a participating eduroam institution, you are able to join the wireless network by entering your BSU username and password. Please visit the eduroam site for more information.
- Are areas available where users may charge their laptop batteries?
- Any available electrical outlet in public areas can be used to charge a laptop battery. Carrying a spare battery might be useful as well.