Academic Video Services
AVS is located in the Teaching and Technology Center (MKC-200). The creative team is composed of professional and student staff, interns, and volunteers. They produce many video based projects for the university and its constituents, thereby creating a media-enriched campus focused on the university's strategic priorities.
Productions include field and studio work for broadcast and cable TV, as well as for the web and special events. Please provide a minimum of two weeks notice. It is not always possible to honor all requests due to staffing and logistical limitations. In many cases, needs may be fulfilled by borrowing a video camera from Media Service at the Maxwell Library. The multi-award honored group also supports the campus' ResNet video infrastructure.
Some of the programs developed and/or produced by TVS include:
- Distinguished Speaker Series
- SGA meetings
- Hall of Black Achievement honoree and event video
- Distinguished Canadian Speaker Series
- CPDC Guest Lecturer Series
- Chairmen's Dinner featured video
- Dormet Dining / Dormet Fitness
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration event video
- Graduate and Spring Commencement Convocation ceremonies
- Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies
- Walk Down Memory Lane - members of the 50th reunion alumni recall their campus memories
- Glenn Miller Lecture in Asian Studies
- Faculty Fridays (faculty web presentations)
- iWitness - web videos
- Then & Now
- Commonwealth Politics - TV series produced for the Center of Legislative Studies. This program is available in all the Massachusetts' Comcast communities.
- School Talk - TV series produced for viewing on Rhode Island PBS. It is also available via satellite on the research channel, and the Internet TV site -www.onworldwide.com.
TVS works closely with the following offices in the production of promotional, educational and archival projects:
- Office of the President
- Division of University Advancement
- Division of External Affairs
- Center for Legislative Studies
- College of Graduate Studies
- Children's Physical Developmental Clinic (CPDC)
- Office of Alumni Relations
- Office of University Communications
- Office of Institutional Diversity
- Career Services Office
- Connect Partnership
- BSU Dance Company
- BSU Dining / Sodexo
- Delicious Living Nutrition, Inc.
- Bridgewater Business Association
Various programs produced by the team are available via:
- Satellite - research channel
- Cable TV - all the Massachusetts Comcast cable communities and providers carrying Rhode Island PBS.
- On-air broadcasts covering Rhode Island, Southeastern Massachusetts, the Cape and the Islands.
The writing, directing, videography and production values of TVS have been recognized and honored by local, national and international judging.
- Academic Achievement Award (multiple)
- The American In-house Design Award
- The Aurora Awards
- The Communicator Awards (multiple)
- The Davey Awards
- Drive Award - Safety
- Hermes Creative Award (Multiple)
- The Pixie Awards
- The Telly Awards (multiple)
- The Videographer Awards (multiple)